Want to start a discussion about a topic relevant to this website? Post your comments below and let others reply.
Join us on Facebook
- Recent derailment reminiscent of Bethesda double derailment several years ago
- Two Year Anniversary of the deaths of Jeff Garrard & Sung Oh
- Metro Admits Liability for June 22, 2009 Wreck
- Overtime Limits Part of Contract Negotiations?
- Excessive Overtime Causes Fatigue
- Cembre Connectors, Part 2
- The true cost of commuting
- The Metro Music Video
- Labor Day
- Forced Overtime
- Metro's 'Nervous System' BreakdownDespite millions of dollars invested, bureaucratic tinkering and lots of lip service, Metro's Rail Operations Control Center (ROCC) remains mired in dysfunction, sources say.The ROCC is Metro's nervous system, its air traffic control system. That this crucial organization remains so prone to safety lapses and basic operational problems should conce […]
- The YAC (Youth Advisory Council) Makes Me Want to YackIn 2017 (FY), Metro says it spent $82,615.71 of our money on something called the Youth Advisory Council. Sure, Metro probably blows this amount by the minute, but Paul Wiedefeld, the GM, told taxpayers there was no more fat to cut. Note also the budget does not include WMATA staff hours used to support the YAC.It's unclear what purpose the Youth Adviso […]
- Interpreting Metro SpinSo Metro released its own "customer satisfaction survey" today, and the media gave them a headline they were dying for.OK. Let's break that down because NOTHING Metro says is the real story.First, Metro is comparing the recent data to a survey that was conducted during peak SafeTrack. If people aren't a little happier after that mess, it […]
- Metro's 'Nervous System' Breakdown
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.